By Greg Lemke
Developmental Neuroscience is among the six center disciplines in Neuroscience, and but no unmarried quantity, non-textbook reference exists out there that offers researchers with extra in-depth, high-level information on developmental neurobiology. presently, someone drawn to the sector at the next point needs to sift via evaluate articles released usually and the extra particular handbooks that concentrate on features of improvement instead of the sphere as a complete.
This reference is the 1st of its type to fill this desire. It pulls jointly the suitable articles at the subject from the 10-volume Encyclopedia of Neuroscience (Academic Press, 2008) and serves as a reasonable and rapid source for scientists, postdocs, graduate scholars with an curiosity past the elemental textbook fabrics at the subject.
- The first and in simple terms complete, single-volume reference for developmental neuroscience that is going past the fundamental textbook information
- The ninety three chapters hide issues starting from telephone destiny choice, direction discovering, synapse iteration, neural stem cells, to neurodegeneration and regeneration, conscientiously chosen from the Encyclopedia of Neuroscience via one of many nice developmental neuroscientists, Greg Lemke
- The most sensible researchers within the box supply their conclusions within the context of the newest experimental results
Read Online or Download Developmental Neurobiology PDF
Similar developmental biology books
Overseas overview of Cytology offers present advances and accomplished reports in phone biology-both plant and animal. Articles tackle constitution and keep watch over of gene expression, nucleocytoplasmic interactions, keep watch over of telephone improvement and differentiation, and phone transformation and development. Authored via many of the most advantageous scientists within the box, every one quantity offers updated info and instructions for destiny learn.
This new quantity of present issues in Developmental Biology covers the world of Planar mobile Polarity with contributions from a world board of authors. The 12 chapters supply a accomplished set of studies overlaying such themes as PCP in Zebra fish, the position of baggy in PCP law, and PCP in axon pathfinding.
Curiosity in sexuality and reproductive functionality doesn't stop while humans start to age. in its place, a brand new set of questions arises. girls need to know whether it is secure to have infants of their overdue thirties and early forties. they need to grasp extra approximately sizzling flashes and different signs of menopause-which ones are harmful and that are purely uncomfortable.
Ecology of Plant-Derived Smoke is the continuation of the examine and dialogue offered in makes use of & Abuses of Plant-Derived Smoke, released in 2010. either books are the 1st in their sort in what's now an ever-expanding and fascinating box of analysis. This quantity makes a speciality of using plant-derived smoke as a device, used for selling seed germination and development.
- Genetically Engineered Mice Handbook (Research Methods For Mutant Mice)
- Signaling-Mediated Control of Cell Division: From Oogenesis to Oocyte-to-Embryo Development (Results and Problems in Cell Differentiation)
- Genetics of Sex Determination (Advances in Genome Biology)
- The Spinal Cord from Gestational Week 4 to the 4th Postnatal Month: v. I (Atlas of Human Central Nervous System Development)
Additional resources for Developmental Neurobiology