By S. McDowell,M. Braniff
Read or Download Commemoration as Conflict: Space, Memory and Identity in Peace Processes (Rethinking Peace and Conflict Studies) PDF
Similar historical studies books
Regardless of chinese language efforts to forestall overseas international locations from granting him visas, the Dalai Lama has develop into some of the most recognizable and most sensible enjoyed humans on the earth, drawing huge, immense crowds at any place he is going. against this, China's charismatically-challenged leaders allure crowds of protestors waving Tibetan flags and shouting "Free Tibet!
Old Justice and reminiscence highlights the worldwide circulate for old justice—acknowledging and redressing old wrongs—as essentially the most major ethical and social advancements of our instances. Such old wrongs comprise acts of genocide, slavery, structures of apartheid, the systematic persecution of presumed enemies of the nation, colonialism, and the oppression of or discrimination opposed to ethnic or non secular minorities.
During this quantity, initially released in 1961, the writer offers an exposition of the meanings given to background. half 1 describes the conceptions of heritage impied in established religions and cultures, Confucian and Taoist, Hindu and Buddhist, Zoroastrian and Muslim, Greek and Roman, Jewish and Christian.
This learn seems to be on the wealthy literature that has been spawned throughout the old mind's eye of Bengali-speaking writers in West Bengal and Bangladesh via problems with homelessness, migration and exile to determine how the Partition of Bengal in 1947 has thrown a protracted shadow over thoughts and cultural practices.
- After the Fact: The Art of Historical Detection
- The Labour of Memory: Memorial Culture and 7/7 (Palgrave Macmillan Memory Studies)
- America Writes Its History, 1650–1850: The Formation of a National Narrative
- The Origins of Modern Historiography in India: Antiquarianism and Philology, 1780-1880 (Palgrave Studies in Cultural and Intellectual History)
- How History Matters to Philosophy: Reconsidering Philosophy’s Past After Positivism (Routledge Studies in Contemporary Philosophy)
Additional info for Commemoration as Conflict: Space, Memory and Identity in Peace Processes (Rethinking Peace and Conflict Studies)