By Bhisham Sahni,Shveta Sarda
With the thunderous clap of demolition of a basti in Delhi and a posh figuring out of the confluence of sessions, well known author Bhisham Sahni supplies voice, laughter and unravel to a personality who may need in a different way coursed silently away during the veins of this megacity.
Read or Download Basanti PDF
Best literary criticism & theory_1 books
Puritan and Anglican, reviews in Literature via Edward Dowden. This e-book is a duplicate of the unique booklet released in 1900 and should have a few imperfections equivalent to marks or hand-written notes.
Geared up thematically round the issues of time, area, and position, this assortment examines Charlotte Brontë in dating to her personal old context and to her later severe reception, takes up the literal and metaphorical areas of her literary output, and sheds mild on position as either a psychic and geographical phenomenon in her novels and their diversifications.
A novelist, poet, literary critic and anthropologist, Andrew Lang is better recognized for his guides on folklore, mythology and faith; many have grown up with the ‘colour’ Fairy Books which he compiled among 1889 and 1910. This 3 quantity set provides a variety of his paintings in those parts. the 1st quantity covers the final and theoretical features of Lang’s paintings on folklore, mythology and anthropology besides the instruments and ideas which he utilized in his frequently combative contributions to those inter-related disciplines.
Examining Drama is a multifaceted research of drama as a kind and is intended basically for college kids of English on the collage point. It addresses problems with cardinal importance to the Indian academia and furnishes us with complicated analyses of assorted suggestions of personality and strategies of characterization.
- Virginia Woolf: The Evolution of an Experimental Novelist
- Mining Memory: Reimagining Self and Nation through Narratives of Childhood in Peru (Bucknell Studies in Latin American Literature and Theory)
- The Social Life of Criticism: Gender, Critical Writing, and the Politics of Belonging
- Singapore Literature and Culture: Current Directions in Local and Global Contexts (Routledge Studies in Twentieth-Century Literature)
- The topic of immigration in historical novels. An examination of "Daughter of Fortune" and "Portrait in Sepia" by Isabel Allende
Additional resources for Basanti