By John M. Kistler
This e-book will pay tribute to the unrecognized warriors and unsung heroes of human struggle: hundreds of thousands of animals from a shocking number of species, starting from rodents to dolphins to llamas.
• contains greater than forty images and drawings of battle animals
• positive factors greater than 25 sidebars that light up themes with attention-grabbing anecdotes and facts
• encompasses a accomplished bibliography with extra readings
Read Online or Download Animals in the Military: From Hannibal's Elephants to the Dolphins of the U.S. Navy PDF
Best military history books
They fought within the Shenandoah crusade that blazed Stonewall Jackson's acceptance. They fought within the Seven Days' Battles and at Antietam, Fredericksburg, Chancellorsville, and Gettysburg, within the desolate tract crusade, and at Spotsylvania. on the give up they have been beside common Robert E. Lee in Appomattox.
". .. I recognize with gratitude the receipt of your e-book, The success of Visionary go back. I additionally think that what occurred at the back of the iron curtain to shine humans can be identified by way of the remainder of the area. .. "
The Axis Air Forces: Flying in aid of the German Luftwaffe provides an untold background of that international conflict's little-known fighters, who still contributed considerably to the war's end result. whereas such a lot different books in basic terms try to handle this topic in passing, writer Frank Joseph offers not just a really complete account of the "unsung heroes" of the Axis fliers, but in addition describes the efforts of Axis air forces resembling these of the Iraqi, Manchurian, Thai or Chinese—specific teams of wartime aviators that experience by no means been mentioned earlier than at size.
A fast paced, riveting and vividly advised tale of unknown and precise aviation event within the spirit of the mythical Air the US. An abundance of exact images accompany the 328 pages of textual content. all through, the writer entertains with intestine busting laughs and anecdotes of a few actually outstanding aviating the likes of in an effort to by no means be visible back.
- 16 DIVISION 48 Infantry Brigade, Brigade Trench Mortar Battery : 31 October 1915 - 1 January 1916 (First World War, War Diary, WO95/1975/9)
- 38 DIVISION Divisional Troops Welsh Regiment 19th Battalion Pioneers : 5 December 1915 - 30 April 1919 (First World War, War Diary, WO95/2548/2)
- Opening New Markets: The British Army and the Old Northwest
- Chewing Gum, Candy Bars, and Beer: The Army PX in World War II
Extra resources for Animals in the Military: From Hannibal's Elephants to the Dolphins of the U.S. Navy