By James R. Holton
An creation to Dynamic Meteorology, Fourth Edition offers a cogent rationalization of the basics of meteorology, and explains typhoon dynamics for weather-oriented meteorologists. This revised variation beneficial properties up to date remedies on weather dynamics, tropical meteorology, center surroundings dynamics, and numerical prediction.
It features a wealth of illustrations to clarify textual content and equations, plus end-of-chapter problems.
This booklet is usually recommended for senior and graduate scholars in meteorology and atmospheric technological know-how, in addition to atmospheric scientists wanting a extensive evaluate of dynamical meteorology.
* presents transparent actual causes of key dynamical ideas * encompasses a wealth of illustrations to clarify textual content and equations, plus end-of-chapter difficulties * Holton is among the best experts in modern meteorology, and renowned for his transparent writing sort NEW during this EDITION
- Updated remedies on weather dynamics, tropical meteorology, center surroundings dynamics, and numerical prediction
Read Online or Download An Introduction to Dynamic Meteorology (International Geophysics) PDF
Similar dynamics books
Advent to Thermal and Fluid Engineering combines insurance of simple thermodynamics, fluid mechanics, and warmth move for a one- or two-term direction for quite a few engineering majors. The publication covers basic strategies, definitions, and versions within the context of engineering examples and case reports.
This short describes systematically result of learn experiences on a chain of convective warmth move phenomena from rotating disks in air crossflow. Phenomena defined during this quantity have been investigated experimentally utilizing an electrically heated disk put within the attempt part of a wind tunnel. The authors describe findings within which transitions among assorted warmth move regimes can ensue in dependency at the concerned Reynolds numbers and the attitude of occurrence, and that those transitions will be on the topic of phenomenological Landau and Landau-de Gennes types.
Hot temperature Vapors: technology and expertise specializes in the connection of the elemental technological know-how of high-temperature vapors to a couple parts of discernible functional value in sleek technological know-how and expertise. the foremost high-temperature areas of difficulty chosen for dialogue contain chemical vapor delivery and deposition; the vapor part facets of corrosion, combustion, and effort structures; and extraterrestrial high-temperature species.
Connecting previous, current, and destiny device improvement and use, Biocalorimetry: Foundations and modern techniques explores biocalorimetry’s background, basics, methodologies, and purposes. essentially the most widespread calorimeter builders and clients percentage priceless own debts of discovery, discussing leading edge thoughts in addition to particular and unique functions.
- Phase Transformations (Chemical Engineering: Chemical Thermodynamics)
- Thermodynamik: Grundlagen und technische Anwendungen (Springer-Lehrbuch) (German Edition)
- Aerodynamic Measurements: From Physical Principles to Turnkey Instrumentation (Woodhead Publishing in Mechanical Engineering)
- Thermodynamics: For Physicists, Chemists and Materials Scientists (Undergraduate Lecture Notes in Physics)
Additional info for An Introduction to Dynamic Meteorology (International Geophysics)