By Phil Carradice
Read or Download 1917: The First World War at Sea in Photographs PDF
Similar military history books
They fought within the Shenandoah crusade that blazed Stonewall Jackson's acceptance. They fought within the Seven Days' Battles and at Antietam, Fredericksburg, Chancellorsville, and Gettysburg, within the barren region crusade, and at Spotsylvania. on the give up they have been beside basic Robert E. Lee in Appomattox.
". .. I recognize with gratitude the receipt of your e-book, The achievement of Visionary go back. I additionally think that what occurred in the back of the iron curtain to shine humans will be identified by way of the remainder of the area. .. "
The Axis Air Forces: Flying in help of the German Luftwaffe offers an untold heritage of that international conflict's little-known fighters, who still contributed considerably to the war's consequence. whereas such a lot different books basically try and tackle this topic in passing, writer Frank Joseph offers not just a very entire account of the "unsung heroes" of the Axis fliers, but additionally describes the efforts of Axis air forces resembling these of the Iraqi, Manchurian, Thai or Chinese—specific teams of wartime aviators that experience by no means been mentioned prior to at size.
A fast paced, riveting and vividly informed tale of unknown and precise aviation event within the spirit of the mythical Air the United States. An abundance of exact photographs accompany the 328 pages of textual content. all through, the writer entertains with intestine busting laughs and anecdotes of a few actually striking aviating the likes of so one can by no means be obvious back.
- D-Day in History and Memory: The Normandy Landings in International Remembrance and Commemoration
- Destroyer Squadron 23: Combat Exploits of Arleigh Burke's Gallant Force (Bluejacket Books)
- The Great War and America: Civil-Military Relations during World War I (In War and in Peace: U.S. Civil-Military Relations)
- 47 DIVISION 142 Infantry Brigade London Regiment 23rd (County of London) Battalion : 1 March 1915 - 9 May 1919 (First World War, War Diary, WO95/2744/2)
- Hangar Flying
- The American Culture of War: A History of US Military Force from World War II to Operation Enduring Freedom
Extra resources for 1917: The First World War at Sea in Photographs