By Robert Holland
Read Online or Download 100 Miles to Freedom: The Epic Story of the Rescue of Santo Tomas and the Liberation of Manila: 1943-1945 PDF
Best military history books
They fought within the Shenandoah crusade that blazed Stonewall Jackson's recognition. They fought within the Seven Days' Battles and at Antietam, Fredericksburg, Chancellorsville, and Gettysburg, within the desert crusade, and at Spotsylvania. on the hand over they have been beside common Robert E. Lee in Appomattox.
". .. I recognize with gratitude the receipt of your ebook, The achievement of Visionary go back. I additionally think that what occurred in the back of the iron curtain to shine humans could be identified by way of the remainder of the area. .. "
The Axis Air Forces: Flying in aid of the German Luftwaffe provides an untold historical past of that international conflict's little-known warring parties, who still contributed considerably to the war's consequence. whereas so much different books in simple terms try to handle this topic in passing, writer Frank Joseph offers not just a really finished account of the "unsung heroes" of the Axis fliers, but in addition describes the efforts of Axis air forces equivalent to these of the Iraqi, Manchurian, Thai or Chinese—specific teams of wartime aviators that experience by no means been mentioned earlier than at size.
A fast paced, riveting and vividly instructed tale of unknown and real aviation experience within the spirit of the mythical Air the United States. An abundance of tangible photographs accompany the 328 pages of textual content. all through, the writer entertains with intestine busting laughs and anecdotes of a few actually awesome aviating the likes of on the way to by no means be obvious back.
- Fort Davidson and the Battle of Pilot Knob: Missouri's Alamo (Civil War Series)
- 74 (YEOMANRY) DIVISION 229 Infantry Brigade Devonshire Regiment 16th (Royal 1st Devon Yeomanry and Royal North Devon Hussars) Battalion : 1 May 1918 - ... (First World War, War Diary, WO95/3152/2)
- Springboks, Troepies and Cadres: Stories of the South African Army, 1912-2012
- Remembering Virginia's Confederates (Images of America)
- The U.S. Air Service In the Great War: 1917-1919
- The Defense of Vicksburg: A Louisiana Chronicle (Williams-Ford Texas A&M University Military History Series)
Additional resources for 100 Miles to Freedom: The Epic Story of the Rescue of Santo Tomas and the Liberation of Manila: 1943-1945